2006 Resolutions
Well, it's that time. Having learned more patience than I could ever hope for over the past few years (folks, NEVER ask God for more patience. Just...DON'T), I feel led to work on my discipline a bit more, and to be looking like less of a tubbo for my TRIP TO CHINA in september with my T'ai Chi instructor. To that end, my resolutions are:
1. Pray the daily office, well, Daily. :-) I'm probably going to start with evening prayer at first until I get back in the groove (I haven't done structured daily prayer since I was 13), and then add on morning prayer. As the lectionary readings are part of that, I will be killing 2 birds with one stone, so to speak.
2. Walk at least 30 minutes a day.
3. T'ai chi daily in the mornings, 3-5 times through whatever form I feel like working on that day, as well as stance practice.
4. NO FAST FOOD.
5. Maintain my 4.0 GPA through the last semester of my MLIS program. (I'm on track to finish in May...)
So..what are you resolving? feel free to respond or tip me off if you've already listed them in your blog.
I hope your 2006 is even better than 2005, and don't forget your black-eyed peas tomorrow!
Sarah
1. Pray the daily office, well, Daily. :-) I'm probably going to start with evening prayer at first until I get back in the groove (I haven't done structured daily prayer since I was 13), and then add on morning prayer. As the lectionary readings are part of that, I will be killing 2 birds with one stone, so to speak.
2. Walk at least 30 minutes a day.
3. T'ai chi daily in the mornings, 3-5 times through whatever form I feel like working on that day, as well as stance practice.
4. NO FAST FOOD.
5. Maintain my 4.0 GPA through the last semester of my MLIS program. (I'm on track to finish in May...)
So..what are you resolving? feel free to respond or tip me off if you've already listed them in your blog.
I hope your 2006 is even better than 2005, and don't forget your black-eyed peas tomorrow!
Sarah

5 Comments:
Well, what a great story. Mine is similar, but streched over a much longer time period.
I became disillusioned in college and then came back to God 25 years later. I was ordained to the ministry in 1998 and have been in my first pastorate since that time. I will be 60 next month.
I look forward to reading more of what you have to say.
Hmmm...I could have written some of your resolutions...in fact, I did (the Daily Office one, and getting more fit and trim).
I'm laughing at myself while reading about Tai Chi -- I've always loved watching people practice it, and one year I decided that I was going to learn it. Living in a rural area where instructors are few and far between;-), I purchased a video that looked good, even though it seemed to be marketed to older and mobility impaired people. I tried following the exercises for about a month...and had to quit because the instructor was going too fast. [grin] Which tells you something about my kinetic skills. So I muchly admire anyone who's mastered the practice.
Mastered?? LOL! I've been at this for about 2 1/2 years, and I assure you I haven't. I'm as clutzy as they come, but I have a very gifted (and patient) sifu (teacher). I don't know that I could have learned from a video either. Google your area for instructors if you haven't already--sometimes they can be hiding in the most surprising places. You might also check with any local kung fu studios (T'ai chi is the internal branch of Kung Fu), as well as the Y, etc.
My resolution? To gain weight. I'm tired of resolving to lose weight and finding the scales going up -- maybe this will work better?:)
LOL! :-) I suppose it's worth a try...
Post a Comment
<< Home