11/15: Joshua 16-20
This is one of those thrilling passages that explain why nobody ever successfully reads the bible in sequence fron Genesis to Revelation. The first half of Joshua (which i read before I started blogging here), was gripping, bloody, fascinating, and troubling. Here we get into a roll call of the tribes, who are being assigned the bits of canaan they won after smiting the inhabitants, burning cities, killing every caananite down to the women, children, and cute puppies, etc. (Per the story anyway--being the episcobrarian I am I dd some extra research in some journals and found some interesting exegis and historical context that help my little bleeding heart wrap around this battle epic, but I'll save that stuff for another post).
But anyway, I think this would be more useful if I had a map of the apprtionments, but even then, I think this may just be one of those sections you read through and move on. *shrug*
But anyway, I think this would be more useful if I had a map of the apprtionments, but even then, I think this may just be one of those sections you read through and move on. *shrug*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home